Friday, April 16, 2010

Where to post?

I go back 10 years in time using a time machine. I meet someone on the street and ask him: I wanted to post something. But I don't know where to post it? He replies, "There is a post office drop box just across the street. But if you want to send it by Speed Post or Registered Post, then go straight on the main road and in about half kilometer you'll get the Post Office." Cool. I said thanks to him.

Now I come back to the present time. I ask my friend the same question where to post. He said if it's brief, I can post it in Twitter; if it's mid-size, then I can post it to my Wall at Facebook; else I can post it in my blog!

In ten years' time, the meaning of post is changing. And there're just too many places to post: Twitter, Facebook, Orkut, Blogger etc etc. This morning I was wondering if there is any application by which I can say that blogger is my primary place to post and then create one pipe from it to every other secondary places like Facebook, Twitter etc. Then I came across Twitterfeed. I've just enabled it and connected it to Twitter and Facebook. If it works, then I don't have to post in multiples places.

The purpose of this post is to find out if the pipe created by Twitterfeed from my blog is working or not.

2 comments:

gcmouli said...

So ... does it work ?? Did it appear on twitter? and how does it appear? Does it just have a small preview and give a tinyurl? That would be the best way.

Jyotirmoy Saikia (জ্যোতিৰ্ময় শইকীয়া) said...

Yes, it works nicely with Twitter. Doesn't work that good with Facebook.