Saturday, August 20, 2011

My grandpa's neighbor and Anna's opponents

I remember my grand-father telling me the story of his neighbor. My grandpa was a freedom fighter and went to jail for supporting the freedom movement. His neighbor didn't support the freedom movement led by Mahatma Gandhi. His neighbor believed that British rule was better and he always doubted if at all Gandhi's movement would lead to India being free. He used to scoff at the idea of India being free.

I asked my grand-pa: what happened after that. Grand-pa told me that on the day India became Independence, his neighbor was one of the first to burst crackers in celebrations. Later that person somehow managed to get freedom-fighter-pension also! That person towards the later half of his life used to tell untrue stories of his involvement in freedom struggle to his grand-children.

I see some similarities between my grand-father's neighbor and opponents of Anna Hazare led struggle against corruption. I'm pretty sure that when we enter the new corruption-free India, these very people will also celebrate and later tell untrue stories of their support for the movement to their grand-children.

If you really want to proudly and honestly tell your stories about your involvement in this struggle against corruption to your children and grand-children, come and join the movement. We are definitely at the dawn  of a new India. 

2 comments:

Vamsi Chikati said...

But their celebrations may be honest enough :)

Ravi Prakash said...

Great start Jyotirmoy. I am very happy and hopeful to see that we still live in a world where not all people are indifferent. We still have living people around us.

Great Going Man.