Thursday, May 27, 2010

It's my life! Really?

I've just listened to the song It's My life by John Bon Jovi after a long time, perhaps after a few years. This song was one of our favorite songs during our college days. I still love this song. Only difference between now and ten years back is that I can't feel oneness with the song that I used to feel in 2000. It's not just my life now in 2010!

Ten  years back, I was a student at IIT Kanpur earning Rs 5000.00 a month from the government as scholarship. There was zero liability on my head, no income tax to be paid, no EMI to be given, no credit card bill to be missed, no frustration at not getting salary hikes, no late night calls to attend, no worry over sensex going down, no rat race at all. I was really free (free as in freedom) then to enjoy my life my way.

3 comments:

Kaushik said...

Jyotirmoy Da, it's your life only and what happened is that it just changed to something different. And even then you had to worry about some other things. You worried about exams than interviews, you worried about homeworks than night calls and worried about getting a job than sensex. It's the same equation but just the variables got changed. :)

Jyotirmoy Saikia (জ্যোতিৰ্ময় শইকীয়া) said...

You're very right Kaushik. Sometime many of us suffer from a GOD (Good Old Days) syndrome when we think that our past days were better, easier etc compared to our current days. That's not true. I agree with you 100%. It's important to enjoy our today and not just live in the past or future.

Kaushik said...

Yup, I also feel good remembering the good old days as we mostly remember only the good memories. Somehow the bad memories always fade away with time and hence the past looks more enjoyable.
So best we can do is to live for the moment and live your life and cherish the good moments.