Sunday, July 15, 2007

I'm soooooooooo scared!

Last two days I was hiding in a bunker out-of-fear. Last Friday was Friday the 13th. I woke up and heard that every FM radio was discussing that it was not a good day. I heard the same thing from some friends too. Then yesterday was Saturday with amavasya (the new moon). Saturday is considered inauspicious; amavasya too is considered inauspicious. Yesterday it was a combo deal of inauspiciousness! News channels were showing programs talking to astrologers and discussing how bad was the day. Now tell me how could I lead a normal life in such bad times. So I decided to hide myself in a bunker away from all the evils. I've just come of the bunker and decided to write about the last two bad days in this blog. I'm soooooo happy to survive two consecutive bad days (that came in combo deals).

Jokes apart, I don't know why people in 21st century too believe in these superstitions. Media too helps in spreading these. Media should in fact create awareness that these are wrong. But rationalism has probably no market value. What drives the market is sensationalism.

No comments: